Mohinder Pal Singh
Col Mohinder Pal Singh is a graduate in science form prestigious St Xaviers College, Mumbai. He is an MBA from IIFT , New Delhi and a gold medalist in MSc from Allahabad University. He has completed his Doctorate in international relations from the Department of Defense and Strategic Studies , University of Allahabad. He has published number of articles in all leading journals and websites on strategic issues.
He has served in the Indian army, in the elite Infantry Regiment for thirty years tenating various appointments in all kinds of terrain and operations . He was also awarded ‘ Chief of Army Staff Commendation’ for his work. He has been an instructor in Infantry School and an Assessor in the Officer Selection Process for over six years. He successfully commanded administrative battalion.
Apart from his extensive experience in army and his academic pursuits he is also a prolific writer who has to his credit many articles in books on strategic and national security subjects and has individually authored five books. His two recent books ‘Teams of Tomorrow’ and ‘Myanmar and its Strategic Dilemmas’ have been well received in the environment.
He is presently the Director of AMAS Training, Greater Noida.
Articles in Journals
1. Myanmar’s Elections: Skewed Constitution and its Conundrum, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol L-45, 07 Nov 2015. http://www.epw.in/commentary/myanmars-elections.html
2. Myanmar’s Militarised Democracy and its impact on India-Myanmar Relations, Indian Journal of Strategic Studies, Vol XXXI-XXXII, ISSN 09739386 2014
3. Myanmar: Militarised Democratic Landscape, Scholar Warrior, Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi , Spring 2013 issue. http://www.claws.in/spring2013/Myanmar%20-20Militarised%20Democratic%20Landscape.pdf
Articles in Edited Books
4. Changing Contours of Indo-Myanmar Relations in Regional Security Dynamics, India National Security in 21st Century edited by Prof Shekhar Adhikari and Prof Sanjeev Bhadauria, Pentagon Press, 2013 http://www.pentagonpress.in/servlet/ppGetbiblio?bno=593
5. Cementing Indo-Myanmar Strategic Ties and Act East Policy, Perspectives of India’s National Security Challenges from its Neighbours, Book Edited by Dr S Shahi, Pentagon Press, New Delhi, 2015.
6. Military and Democracy in Myanmar, Issue Brief, , Centre of Air power Studies, New Delhi , December 2012 http://aerospaceindia.org/Issue%20Briefs/2012/12%20December%202012%20-%20Military%20and%20Democracy.pdf
7. All Eyes on Myanmar 2015, Issue Brief , Aug 2013, Centre for Air Power Studies, New Delhi http://aerospaceindia.org/Issue%20Briefs/2013/26%20July%202013.pdf
8. India-Myanmar Relations: Time To Act, CLAWS Web Article No1816 dated 02 Nov 2017, http://www.claws.in/1816/india-myanmar-relations-time-to-act-mohinder-pal-singh.html
9. Time for India Inc. to Look East, Dec 2012, Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi http://www.claws.in/index.php?action=master&task=1288&u_id=197
10. Myanmar: Is Chinese Influence Waning? Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi , Feb 2013, http://www.claws.in/index.php?action=master&task=1308&u_id=197
11. China’s Growing Indulgence in India’s Neighbourhood, Centre For Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi, Article # 995, April 05, 2013 http://www.claws.in/995/chinas-growing-indulgence-in-indias-neighbourhood-mohinder-pal-singh.html
12. The Myanmar - China Pipeline - Implications for India, Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi, Article No 1059, 10 Aug 2013 http://www.claws.in/index.php?action=master&task=1308&u_id=197
13. Cementing Indo-Myanmar Military Ties, Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi, Article # 1111, November 21, 2013. http://www.claws.in/1111/cementing-indo-myanmar-military-ties-mohinder-pal-singh.html
14. China - Myanmar in Loggers' Logjam. Centre for Land Warfare Studies, New Delhi. Article No- 1444, September 30, 2015 http://www.claws.in/1444/china-myanmar-in-loggers-logjam-mohinder-pal- singh.html
Paper Presentation in Seminars/ Conferences.
15. “Strategic and Economic Dimensions of Indo-Myanmar Relations”. Presented at International Conference on “ Rise Of Asia- Opportunities and Challenges” conducted by DGIMS, Mumbai on 14 March 2014. http://www.dsims.org.in/web/management-college-bschool-events-mumbai/events-past-International-Conference-2014.html
16. “Myanmar’s Militarised Democracy and its Effect on India- Myanmar Relations”, Presented at National Seminar on “Challenges to India’s Peace and Security from its Neighbours” on 8-9 October 2014 at University of Allahabad.
1. You Can’t Punch With a Thumb(2009) , Wisdom Tree Publishers, New Delhi
2. Can You Stop the Gushing Stream(2011), Pentagon Press, New Delhi
3. 31 December 2078.(2013) Readworthy Publications, New Delhi
4. Teams of Tomorrow(2018), Good Times Books, New Delhi
5. China Myanmar Strategic Relations(2018), Pentagon Press , New Delhi
Shadow Budget 2021-22 | PHD Chamber Of Commerce & IndustryNewsroom / posted 16-Jan-2021
Budget 2021: Strategic imperatives for defending a $5 trillion economyNewsroom / posted 14-Jan-2021
Is Nepal speaking from dragon's dragnet?Newsroom / posted 08-Jun-2020
Tackling Covid-19 in MonsoonNewsroom / posted 27-Apr-2020
Post Covid World- Time to expand UNSCNewsroom / posted 12-Apr-2020
Open or not to Open the Lockdown?Newsroom / posted 10-Apr-2020
Time to re-calibrate ‘India Vision 2020’Newsroom / posted 06-Apr-2020
Effects of COVID -19 (CORONA) on Indian & Global EconomyNewsroom / posted 19-Mar-2020
US creating string of pearls around China?Newsroom / posted 09-Mar-2020
Time to envision 'India 2050'Newsroom / posted 20-Jan-2020
What if China wrings India's 'Chicken's Neck' — the Siliguri corridor? Here are some countermeasuresNewsroom / posted 10-Oct-2019
जम्मू-कश्मीर में एक महीने में भी हालात सामान्य क्यों नहीं?Newsroom / posted 17-Sep-2019
Article 370 - The Blitzkrieg, winds and residueNewsroom / posted 02-Sep-2019
Budget 2019: Time to Augment Defence AllocationNewsroom / posted 05-Jul-2019
Need for an effective Defence Minister in Team Modi 2.0Newsroom / posted 29-May-2019
India needs to guard against Chinese manoeuvres in the neighbourhoodNewsroom / posted 03-May-2019
Armed forces battling shortage of officersNewsroom / posted 12-Mar-2019
Hard and soft options for Kashmir ImbroglioNewsroom / posted 08-Mar-2019
India’s defence Budget in a 10 trillion economyNewsroom / posted 05-Feb-2019
India’s Strategic Interests In the Context of Rafale Deal.Newsroom / posted 20-Jan-2019
Re-hemming India-Nepal ties: How New Delhi can check Chinese influenceNewsroom / posted 14-Jan-2019
CMEC and its Strategic ImplicationsResearch / National Security and Diplomacy / posted 24-Nov-2018
India-Myanmar ties: Time to ActNewsroom / posted 08-Sep-2018